Sunday, March 8, 2015

my childhood dream - woohyun shin, Tue 34

EIT

201101812

Woohyun Shin

My childhood dream


I wanted to be a detective when I was young. During elementary school, I was deeply into the detective novel. It wasn't easy to understand whole story for preteen, but I read them over and over again until I got it. I thought it's really interesting to find out criminal by deducing from vague clues and that progress was always fascinating. 

 My favorite character was absolutely Sherlock Homes. He was a genius, logical and cool-headed all the time. He looked so cool so I wanted to be like him. I used to play detective by my self. For example, one day, there was a theft in classroom, I guessed suspects on base the of clues and circumstances. Of course, I didn't let the guess out of my mouth, theft remained unsolved as all classroom theft does. One day, I told my parents about my dream but they said there is no job like detective in Korea. I checked it even by myself, then I found that it is true. So I gave it up. 

 Come to think about it now, it was so ridiculous dream because now I know I'm terrible at guess. However, my childhood dream still seems appealing and sometimes I wonder what would I be now if I keep that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment